- Buffer tanks or sometimes called accumulator tanks are used to store or accumulate heat energy in water.
- The heat is stored until needed and then distributed to different zones within a heating systems or indirectly to heat hot water storage cylinders.
- Buffer tanks are very popular with biomass boilers or uncontrolled heat sources.
- It is important that buffer tanks are correctly sized and well insulated to ensure they work efficiently with the system.
- Undersizing or oversizing of buffer tanks can have the opposite effect on the overall performance of a heating system.
- Generally buffer tanks are fitted to the 'primary side' of a heating system and can be made of mild steel without concern for corrosion issues, stainless steel options are also available for more specialist applications.
Select Mild Steel or Stainless Steel